BeePre BeeQuiet Broken Switch

shawn · 3095

Offline shawn

on: July 21, 2021, 07:46:45 AM
Hello,

Recently I notice that when I toggle the coarse volume switch on my BeePre the sound sometimes cuts out. Toggling the coarse switch back and forth will restore the sound.

I flipped the BeePre over to have a look and, sure enough, one of the little metal pads on the switch has come loose. It looks like there should be 2 pins, or 2 little connections, holding the pad in place and one has broken. I'm sorry if I am not using the correct terms, I think that the attached picture does a better job of describing the issue :)

Anyone else encountered this and if so, any advice on fixing the switch?

Options I'm considering: Trying to solder the pad to the remainder of the post. A dab of epoxy on the pad to the remainder of the post. Driving the remainder of the post out and inserting something in its place.

Thank you!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 07:49:46 AM
Wow, that is odd.  Yes, you need to move that center piece of metal back in place, then I would use a little bit of super glue on the inside edge to hold it in place. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline shawn

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 11:32:34 AM
Paul, thank you for the advice. I'll try repairing the switch with a little super glue and report back.