BeePre experience using TJ Full Music Mesh Plate tubes

Tubegopher · 597

Offline Tubegopher

• Don Palmer
I have just purchased a BeePre kit and wonder if anyone has any experience using the TJ Full Music Mesh Plate tubes in it. This is the tube that Thorsten Loesch recommended at Enjoy the Music website a few years ago after a thorough comparison with a number of other tubes on the market.

300B amps with 6SJ7 in Triode mode, dc fil. volt. for 300Bs. BeePre with Bill Milosz built Eros Phono. Teres Turntable, Pete Riggle "12 inch Woody Tonearm" Grace F9  with Soundsmith ruby cantilever stylus.Cambridge Audio CD with MHDT Labs Orchid DAC Rega NAOS Spkrs, Atelier Rullit super tweeters

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 01:29:54 PM
They are a nice choice and should last a very, very long time running in a BeePre.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 01:41:20 PM
They are good. I used a pair for a long time many years ago. Think I still have one of them. They are not really mesh. Rather they have tiny perforations all over the plates. Whether this actually emulates the physical characteristics and sound of a real mesh plate tube is debatable, but they sound very good.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 05:07:56 PM
I have a pair I've had for a very long time, they still work and sound good...John

John Scanlon