Bottlehead Kits > Moreplay

Completed build

(1/4) > >>

punderdown:
Just finished building my Moreplay. Hooked it up to my Stereomour to test it out. Sounds lovely. Eventually it will go in to my desktop system, fronting my Seductor.

A few minor issues with the instructions:

Pg. 24 instructions say to attach a black wire to the L tab of the IEC inlet, it should attach to tab N. Also the instructions say to attach the other end of the wire to 34L but leave out soldering it.

Pg. 41 instructions say to attach wires to A3 and B3 and do not solder. However nothing else gets attached to these terminals so I would think they need to be soldered at this point.

Pg. 59 voltage check lists a DC voltage of 225-275 at terminals 10 and 20 however nothing is attached to these terminals so they read 0.

Phil

Paul Birkeland:
That's looking nice.  How are you enjoying it ahead of your Steremour?

jtori:
Looks great!  Nice job!  Enjoy!

Joe.

Karl5150:
Very clean build, the layout should compliment your Seductor well.
Karl

punderdown:
Into my Stereomour, which is hooked up to Klipsch Heresy IIIs, the sound with the Moreplay is slightly fuller. Without it the Stereomour plays plenty loud enough into the Heresy IIIs, but I would describe it as leaner. Not sure yet which I prefer. Given that the Stereomour has volume control and input selector I probably wouldn't have thought of adding the Moreplay in front of it. I've always felt the Heresy IIIs were a little bass shy in my system so I'm really liking the sound with the Moreplay...

No noticeable microphonics, the selector switch is quiet and doesn't pop when changing. Plus, it's nice to have a balance control.

This is a really, really nice preamp.

Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version