Bottlehead in Bloomberg News

Cary · 813

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:01:57 AM
That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:20:00 AM
The professionalism exhibited by the journalist who interviewed me was quite refreshing compared to some audio publications I have dealt with over the years. Matt was very accommodating of my schedule, prompt in email responses, very easy to talk to during the interview and particularly detail oriented in his fact checking. As well the people involved with the photo shoot of the Stereomour II were very professional. The amp was returned promptly and very carefully packed. I wish all journalists were this professional.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 11:35:58 AM
Hopefully this publicity will result in at least one more walnut Jäger order! ;)

Nice write up!

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline jtori

Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 03:05:15 AM
Really nice article!  So happy to see you guys getting the attention and credit you deserve.  Well done!

Best,

Joe.

Offline kgoss

Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 04:00:36 AM
I really enjoyed the article. I think it is the first DIY audio article I ever saw in mainstream media. I hope it brings you lots of new customers Doc. But not so many you guys throw your backs out packing all those kits!  :)

Ken Goss

Offline johnsonad

Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 05:53:47 AM
Nice article.  I hope that more people will get into this hobby as the lock down continues. I'm listening to a fully home built system as I write this and couldn't be happier (well, we can always be happier :)

Aaron Johnson

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 09:04:49 AM
Probably due to the pandemic we have seen many new customers this year and quite good sales, even before the article came out. We have also seen quite a bump in followers of our IG and FB accounts, and lots of new registrations for the forum (by the way, contact me if you are not receiving an activation email from the forum as we are having issues with it).

The past year the focus has been on improving delivery times. So far we have been able to decrease them pretty well and maintain a faster pace than in the past, even through the last Crack sale. That was a workout! We are just focusing on the kit business these days. No more "We broke even. That's better than a lot of businesses do." side ventures like Tape Project or Nagra service. We are building inventory and revamping the kitting and packing workflow. The new space has been very helpful in streamlining the process.

With the continued level of interest in Bottlehead kits (25 years and still swingin') we don't see retiring any time soon. So we are hoping to get to where we can work a four day work week whenever possible as a form of semi-retirement. And of course carve out enough time each year to race at Bonneville. I mean, priorities, right?

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.