Rookie Question on the Alps Blue Velvet Installation

dtvater · 542

Offline dtvater

on: October 26, 2020, 12:38:41 PM
Hi friends,

I was hoping somebody could tell me how the ground connections should be soldered on this PCB from DAL Audio: [https://dalaudio.com/pcb-for-alps-rk27-potentiometer-dalrk27std01/][/url]

Pretty sure I screwed up the hyperlink so the manufacturer part number is DALRK27STD01. The input/output connections are all straightforward, even to an amateur like me, but the ground connections on the stock pot have jumpers connecting them and I'm not sure how that changes when using this PCB. I asked the manufacturer about this and they were quick to respond but were very technical and detailed in answering. I asked if the PCB is built with a ground plane and how it should be connected for the Crack, and their answer was that they can't recommend using jumpers with this board. They also said that it should be fine in theory but all the back-and-forth has made me question whether to move forward without posting here too...

So, would somebody be kind enough to chime in and help? And to word the answer as if I am a particularly stupid child?

Many thanks in advance!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 02:46:40 PM
You don't need the jumper, the ground plane does this for you.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man