Bottlehead Kits > Crack-a-two-a

Do These Caps Make My Amp Look Big?

(1/2) > >>

jtori:
I've been enjoying listening to my Crack-a-two-a in its stock form for the past few months, save for the installation of some very nice tubes.  I purchased a pair of Clarity caps around the time I finished building the amp and just got around to fitting them.  It was necessary to reposition a couple of terminal strips and resistors, lengthen/shorten a couple of wires and fabricate some mounting blocks.  Here’s the finished product.  Tested it out.  All seems good.  I’ll do some critical listening later.  Don't yet know what the net effect will be, but I'm pleased and don't plan to do anything else to the amp.

Joe.

Deke609:
Nah, they look perfectly proportional -- with room to grow, even.

--- Quote from: jtori on November 02, 2020, 07:52:31 AM --- I'm pleased and don't plan to do anything else to the amp.

--- End quote ---

Hah! Famous first words. I've said numerous times about each of my BH amps. But perhaps you have more sense and greater self restraint than me.

Congrats on a fine looking, and I'm sure fine sounding, amp!

cheers, Derek

Toobuzz:
Can you share your impressions of the CSAs in the C2A?  I used them in the Mainline for a while and really liked them.

BNAL:
jtori,

I'm glad you found an amp for you caps.

Sp33ls:

--- Quote from: Toobuzz on April 27, 2021, 09:27:01 AM ---Can you share your impressions of the CSAs in the C2A?  I used them in the Mainline for a while and really liked them.

--- End quote ---

I've had CSAs in mine for a few years now. Hard to give a comparison to the stock now, but I can say the C2A is still the most enjoyable tube head amp I've heard to date. I've not heard the Mainline yet, tho, I kinda like having a more "tube" like sound for my tube amp -- and leave the neutral to my SS headamp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version