Tony Bennett - The Beat of My Heart

Colonl_Charisma · 1772

Offline Colonl_Charisma

on: November 25, 2020, 07:54:27 AM
Thought I would share a wonderful jazz album by Tony Bennett. He was inspired to make a jazz album that focused on vocals and drums. There are a few other instruments present, but they take a back seat to the percussion.

I've linked the album from Youtube, but I recommend playing this via vinyl, cd, or a streaming service. The album's production is absolutely amazing, and part of the reason I enjoy the album so much.

Ross

Offline aragorn723

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 01:37:02 PM
Thanks for posting this, I'm gonna check out the album.  Any other favorites?

Dave

Offline Colonl_Charisma

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 03:56:31 PM
Hope you enjoy the Tony Bennett album!

The jazz album 'Scenery' by Ryo Fukui is amazing. The production quality is top-notch as well, and it sounds as if you can hear everything.

Here is a link to YT, but I would recommend a higher quality source. I do think seeing the album cover is always helpful when seeking out music haha.

Ross

Offline johnsonad

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 03:49:43 AM
Ross, Scenery was great, thanks for posting about it! I've got a copy on order.

Aaron Johnson

Offline Colonl_Charisma

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 01:18:41 PM
Aaron, I'm glad that you enjoyed 'Scenery'! The songs are really beautiful.

Ross

Offline aragorn723

Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 09:11:39 AM
Finally got a chance to listen to Scenery!  That was pretty cool, reminded me a bit of Vince Guaraldi.  The way it was recorder, it was easy to pinpoint the instruments.  Upright bass on the left, piano in the middle, drums slightly off to the right.  Also liked how he would follow a certain theme in the music, and where you think it will repeat again, there is a different rhythm or theme.  Definitely adding this to my list.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 09:14:10 AM by aragorn723 »