Seduction, one channel out

shelby1420 · 2517

Offline shelby1420

on: November 23, 2010, 01:30:54 AM
Swapped out the output caps with some other caps to do some comparing and now I have knocked out the one channel ( red - positive) have looked with strong lite and magnifying glass, can't find anything touching, this one has got me stumped!!!!!  Any hints or places to start or measurements I can take to track down what the hell I've done would be most helpful!!!  Of note, both channels were working perfectly before I meddled.................

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:38:39 AM
I guess the first step is to put your old cap back.  IIRC the output cap is between a terminal and the output RCA Jack center conductor.  At least I think.  So let's eliminate the cap.  Only change the one that is giving you trouble.  Test.  There could be a break in the solid wire on the new cap.  

Offline shelby1420

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 02:26:44 AM
I guess the first step is to put your old cap back.  IIRC the output cap is between a terminal and the output RCA Jack center conductor.  At least I think.  So let's eliminate the cap.  Only change the one that is giving you trouble.  Test.  There could be a break in the solid wire on the new cap.  

Hey Grainger, forgot to mention, I did that and still no go, of note they are your Obliggato caps I wanted to give a listen to...........got to be something fairly easy as all I did was swap out those two .47 caps???

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:19:33 AM
I suspected as much.  I would guess you have a loose connection.  Look for solder joints from the input RCA jack forward.  If you need it I will post a list of terminals to check. 

If you have the C4S then first check if all the LEDs are lighted.

Offline shelby1420

Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 05:31:42 AM
I suspected as much.  I would guess you have a loose connection.  Look for solder joints from the input RCA jack forward.  If you need it I will post a list of terminals to check. 

If you have the C4S then first check if all the LEDs are lighted.

Man, do I feel like a dolt!!!  I had blobbed on a whack of solder and effectively shorted the RCA jack, fixed now and gonna give a listen to these Obbligatos :)

Enjoying the music

Rick