Free Straight 8s for any Oahu Bottlehead - must be picked up by Wednesday

vrgard · 371

Offline vrgard

I have a pair of Bottlehead Straight 8s that need a new home.  I'm downsizing and as much as I hate to let them go I just don't have room for them.  So, I'm offering them for free to any Bottlehead here on Oahu.  No strings attached, I just want them to go to a fellow Bottlehead.  Note that they must be picked up in Kailua by Wednesday due to my move schedule.

The cabinets (solid wood tops, veneer sides) were built for me by a woodworker in Southern California and I assembled them.  They've been stored in my garage for the past 5+ years so they're a little worn (some small scratches, the dust cap is missing on one bottom woofer, the surround is a bit flea-bitten on the other bottom woofer, and both tweeters have been dimpled a time or two).  When I last played them they still performed well but that was before I parked them in the garage.  So no guarantees except for a full refund of your purchase price ;-).  I do have one replacement woofer and one replacement tweeter that I bought from Doc B. way back when as backups (but I'll have to dig those out of storage and provide them at a later date, along with the original plans & instruction materials).  The attached pictures were taken this afternoon so hopefully they give some idea of their condition.

Lastly, before any one asks, Doc B. approved my making this posting.

Mahalo,
Randy (vgard)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:29:29 PM by vrgard »

Offline vrgard

Today’s the last day of this offer. Any takers?