Bottlehead Kits > BeePre

BeePre 2.0 Manual Errata

<< < (2/2)

Suger:
Hi.

Is it me (it usually is, but there is no soldering involved here, so I'm not sure), or is something missing after p. 57 of the 05-24-21 version of the manual? The page ends with
"Because this manual had the voltages confirmed during the build process, there are is no final voltage check. Your amplifier is ready to use once the hum has been minimized following the instructions on the next page. Should you experience difficulties, please request assistance by posting in the BeePre section of the Bottlehead forum."

But the next page is a photo of the completed assembly, and after that come the usual general troubleshooting tips (my kit is still with USPS, so can't know if I have any hum problems, although I guess I might have to follow the instructions here https://forum.bottlehead.com/index.php?topic=13332.0 for my Klipsch RF-35).

Paul Birkeland:
You are correct that there are no hum adjustments in the BeePre.  I did make one early prototype of the 2.0 with hum pots but they had no audible effect on the noise floor.

Suger:
Thanks!

Jay:
If I may be so bold as to suggest an addition to the BeePre2 manual, it might be good to add something like "make sure that the leads protruding from 31L and 33L do not touch the top plate of the preamp during the high voltage power supply test"
Respectfully submitted
Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version