Bottlehead Kits > Reduction

Hum and no audio

(1/11) > >>

ryburdman:
All resistances check all  LED's light up. I am getting a hum in both channels and no audio coming through at all. I hooked up another phono and it works normally so I am pretty sure its not the TT or the amp.

Paul Birkeland:
The last Reduction I fixed had the following issues:

1.  All the RCA jacks were not installed properly.  The metal ring tab was mounted against the chassis and not directly under the nut, which caused there to be no audio.
2.  The ground wires that run through/around the 9 pin sockets were loose on the sockets and not adequately soldered. 
3.  There were a few other random solder joints that weren't solid that were also causing problems.

Since you don't have audio on either channel, I would be looking at how you installed your RCA jacks.

ryburdman:
As I fiddle with the RCA's i found I can get it to stop humming and work great if I wiggle the black output RCA but its really finicky. On inspection it looks exactly like the other RCA's.

Paul Birkeland:
Can you post some build photos? 

If the RCA jacks are assembled in the proper order, then the problem you have suggests there's a loose solder joint or two.

ryburdman:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qdujsXFnAFRwzwn47

Let me know if you want any specific angles or shots I can take more

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version