Bottlehead Kits > Eros Phono

Eros-2: I built it my way

<< < (6/6)

4krowme:
georgeged,

I know that I am late to the party here, but your photos of the quality of your work caught my eye. I do not build as pretty as some, but better than others. That's about all I can say. I am looking at the shielding used for the power transformer. I have a question as to the material that you used. Was it Mu-metal, or something else.
 Also, I see that you mentioned building a PH2 phono. So did I. Let's just say it was an experience. A little beyond my real ability.
 I have tried 4 phono amps so far, and good and bad have come across my system. Maybe just not a good match in a couple of cases. Some were factory, some were kits.

Doc B.:
Presumably you are asking about the shielding around the added filter choke. IMO a better solution than adding a source of magnetic interference and then trying to shield it is to put the 270 ohm resistor back in. The preamp has a shunt voltage regulated, constant current source regulated power supply and a power transformer designed for very low radiated magnetic field.

4krowme:
  Thanks Doc for the correction and explanation. I find that in my builds that the 'what if' moments answer themselves later on. My latest what if came from using a smaller chassis than could be used. Not just in the physical sense but also electrical, and so the question came up about shielding. The better answer will arrive in a day or so. Yes, a larger chassis.

Natural Sound:

--- Quote from: georgeged on March 03, 2021, 08:07:48 PM ---From beginning It was build with upgrades.. Never heard stock model..
--- End quote ---

Too bad. Those "upgrades" might not amount to anything. Worse, they might degrade the sound as intended by the designers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version