Jagers and Room Pairing

ScottAstroNut · 4491

Offline ScottAstroNut

on: March 01, 2021, 04:03:18 PM
I am wondering....what sized rooms would you recommend for use with the Jagers? I have a small (10' X 12') listening room. Would the Jagers overpower my room?

If the Jagers aren't appropriate for my room, what speakers would you recommend? I am using a Kaiju with a BeePre.

Thanks.

Scott Burgess

BeePre 2, Kaiju, Eros 2, Rega P6, Rega Apollo CD player, Bryston BDA-1 DAC, Bryston BDP-1 streamer, Jager speakers, Mainline for headphones.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 04:29:10 PM
They do work well in smaller rooms, as they are happy playing close to the back wall.  Is the room otherwise not too full?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline ScottAstroNut

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 05:25:14 PM
The entire purpose of the room is for listening. I am using book shelves as room treatment along the sides, as well as a full-length curtain on the back wall where the speakers go. Other than that are just my two Salamander equipment racks and a record storage bin. The room is sort of "full," as it is a small room after all. However, I think that my system sounds pretty good in that space. The Jagers wouldn't have a problem physically fitting into the space.

Scott Burgess

BeePre 2, Kaiju, Eros 2, Rega P6, Rega Apollo CD player, Bryston BDA-1 DAC, Bryston BDP-1 streamer, Jager speakers, Mainline for headphones.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 07:51:50 PM
I use them in my home theater which is about 11' x 13.5'. They work very well.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ScottAstroNut

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 02:34:38 PM
Here are my newly completed Jagers in my listening space. As you can see, it is quite "cozy." The speakers are close to the walls, with my record rack forming "cubbies" for them. I was concerned that this wouldn't work and that the Jagers would indeed be too big for my space. I am happy to report that this is not at all the case. Just as Doc and PB predicted, the Jagers sound great in my small listening area! I only have about ten hours time on the new speakers, but they are breaking-in nicely and already sound super. I have found proper positioning to be important to get the most out of the Jagers, and in my space they sound best near the wall without any toe-in. The speakers image extremely well, with very good soundstage. The bass seems to be as deep as advertised, and I am hoping for further improvement with time as the speakers loosen up a bit. I would describe the bass as being tight and well-controlled, and not the least bit "boom-y." Love the planar horn tweeters and how they sound. I find these to be very detailed and highly resolving speakers that play extremely well with my BeePre 2 and Kaiju. Just my cup of tea!

Thanks, Bottlehead Folk, for designing and producing such great speakers to use with your awesome amplifiers!

Scott Burgess

Offline johnsonad

Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 02:08:00 AM
Congrats and enjoy!

Aaron Johnson