Thanks to the Bottlehead Team - First Time Father / Son DIY project

Dell · 809

Offline Dell

Guys

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone at Bottlehead. Myself and my boy, Conall, spent the break after New Years on our first DIY project here in Melbourne. We built our Crack followed by the speedball upgrade, and have just installed some new tubes (NOS Svetlana 6N13S and a RCA Cleartop). We are using our Burson Conductor 3x GT as a preamp with a good clean power supply and cable chain and it sounds glorious. We much prefer the crack / speedball / upgrade tubes on this chain than the Burson Conductor 3x GT native with our ZMF Atriums. Such a lovely combo.

Our build went without a hitch on the first run (without speedball) but we did run into some drama on the speedball run where we had a dropped chassis incident! All accidental and unavoidable, but luckily we suffered no major damage bar a slight bend in our chassis.

Wonderful learning for both of us. Looking forward to trying some other Bottlehead projects in the future.

Best,
Derek

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
That sounds like quite the adventure!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline AllenS

Awesome! I have fond memories of joint projects with Dad and hope you create many more with Conall.  :)

Offline Thermioniclife

Best wishes on your project and many more to come.

Lee R.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Well done guys!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Karl5150

Nice work guys, looks like a tidy build. The "customization" of the top plate doesn't look too severe. Small wood blocks near/in the corners and a few small counter-sunk wood screws might pull it flush onto the base. Enjoy the music.
Karl

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77