Eros is Making Low Frequency Gurgling Sound After Cross Country Move

DrowsyDjip · 943

Offline DrowsyDjip

Hi all, just moved across the country and my gear was not handled as gingerly as it should have. Since setting everything up I have noticed an intermittent low frequency sound that I can only describe as gurgling coming from the left channel of my Eros. I have tried every method I can think of to hone in on the issue i.e moved tubes, interconnects, hooked an aux up with really low signal music to the input and have yet to find a solution. My Beepre is next in the signal chain and is dead quiet so I do not believe it is noise from the power line. The only mod I have done on my Eros was changing the signal caps to the Russian PIO variants. During unpacking I noticed that the mounts for the 0.22uf caps had come off of the chassis and in thinking I had a broken wire I replaced the wires going to and from the 0.22uf cap on the left channel. I just took the values from the two servo boards and noticed that the KREG on both seemed pretty high, everything else looked close to where it should be. I will post those values below. Please let me know what would be the best next step to resolve this, I am exited to get everything back up and running since its been a couple of months since I have had my vinyl fix! Plus this is the first time I have had a dedicated listening room and everything is already blowing the doors off (both literally and figuratively) of what the system sounded like in its previous home! Thank you all, this community was one of the main reasons I went with Bottlehead when I started this journey. Now I've got a Kaiju in a box next to me waiting to be assembled and take my system to another level!

Thanks Again,
Ian

Right Channel
Kreg 1.6
Breg 97.3
OA 168
IA 224
bA 0
OB 95.6

Left Channel
Kreg 1.4
Breg 98.6
OA 169
IA 224
bA 0
OB 96.5

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
You should examine the possibility of wireless interference from a nearby device.  Your Kreg voltages are around 1.5V, which is the nominal expected value.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline DrowsyDjip

Will do, there is a router relatively close by so that is probably it. Just wanted to make sure nothing went awry in the circuit. Thanks!