Bottlehead Kits > Jaeger Speaker

New production run

(1/3) > >>

Doc B.:
I just picked up five pairs of Jager cabinet panels this morning. We are taking orders and will probably begin shipping in about three weeks more or less, depending upon the supply chain for the other speaker components.

Roamconstant:
Order placed!

I’m having so much fun with these kits Doc.  Thanks for everything you do!

Doc B.:
Thank you so much! Just four kits left.

FS:
Alright. I was holding out for the walnut, but I pulled the trigger on this. Looking forward to building these. Hopefully, the kit will make it across the country undamaged...
I am not sure about the finish. Veneering might be too challenging on these large pieces. And I don't like the looks of stained plywood...Maybe I should just give them a few coats of paint?
FS

oguinn:
I wouldn't worry too much about them making it across the country undamaged. Mine made it to Kansas City without any drama. They're very well packed.

As far as finishing goes... I wasn't thrilled with how mine turned out when I stained them. That's on me, though, since I should have done more prep work. It's absolutely possible (and easy with some planning) to get the plywood these cabinets are made out of to look great. I'd get a couple pieces of baltic birch ply and play around with different treatments to see what you like best. Of course baltic birch ply is crazy expensive right now, so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version