Other Gear > Digital

What's your favorite CD player and why?

(1/2) > >>

johnsonad:
I'm in the market for a new/used CD player.  We have thousands of CD's that I've ripped but oddly, I miss using a CD player.

I've been looking at classics like the Marantz CD95/99SE, something with an old but great sounding DAC to counter my ifi DAC. 

What is your favorite sounding CD player and why?

Thanks!

Tubegopher:
I use a Cambridge CXC CD transport. This machine only provides the mechanical functions. It does not have the DAC onboard so you can choose the DAC of your choice.
It performs very well and comes with a remote that works from quite a distance.
I don't recall how much it cost, but I think around $350 or so.
I am very pleased with the unit.

2wo:
I still use my Ah Njoeb Tjobe. Decent Maranz transport pluse a few internal DAC options...John

Larpy:
I have a SimAudio Moon 260D CD player that's by far the best player I've owned (California Audio Labs DX1, Linn Mimik, Rega Apollo).  That's not a huge list, of course, but the Moon does the neat digital trick of sounding smooth and relaxed without sacrificing resolution.  Those are the sonic attributes I thought I bought the Rega for, but its laser pooped out after a few years and when I brought it back to the dealer to arrange for a repair, I heard the Moon and it was clearly better.  So I "retired" the Apollo (got a trade-in allowance) and came home with the Moon.

Paul Birkeland:
I liked this one, but someone talked me out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version