Bewildered

Jamier · 3562

Offline Jamier

on: June 12, 2021, 02:49:49 PM
I bought a 5’x5’ x3/4” sheet of Baltic Birch today. It was $125. Two weeks ago I bought two sheets of the same. It was $95/sheet. Two months ago the same sheet was $45.WTF?

Jamie

James Robbins

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 04:22:10 AM
Have you been to the grocery store lately? I'd like to comment further but this isn't the place for political discussion.  :-\

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 05:52:13 AM
Coming out of Covid, contractors are buying lots of materials, including cabinet materials, guys.

Hank in Eugene

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 06:40:02 AM
The owner at the CNC shop where we get the Jager panels made says it's not so much increased demand as the fact that factories were closed and/or short staffed at the beginning of the pandemic and that created a shortage that is taking a while to get caught up on. The optimists are saying prices will come back down. The pessimists are saying "when?"

Which reminds me - we have one set of Jager cabinet panels left from the last run we did. Price will likely go up on the next run, so...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 07:00:50 AM
I'd read that lumber futures were much lower recently, so hopefully that has an impact on prices in the medium term.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball