Impedance switch for SII?

Guest · 5247

Offline oguinn

Reply #30 on: July 10, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
That’s too bad. I hardly ever understood what he was talking about, but his pursuit of perfection was admirable in a way.

I actually edited my original post in case it was something like this.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #31 on: July 10, 2021, 02:24:06 PM
I wouldn't sweat it.  The big groaner of taking actions like I did is that it makes me nervous that other people will hesitate to post on here. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Jamier

Reply #32 on: July 10, 2021, 04:27:17 PM
Have you tried to contact him to, you know, patch it up?

Jamie

James Robbins

Offline Jamier

Reply #33 on: July 10, 2021, 04:35:44 PM
One of the problems with theses forum posts is that our written words are often mis-interpreted. I mean, when someone is really coming after you it’s usually pretty clear, but many times well intentioned statements get taken the wrong way.

Jamie

James Robbins

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #34 on: July 10, 2021, 04:51:53 PM
He's welcome back whenever he want to be here.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #35 on: July 10, 2021, 06:22:09 PM
He's welcome back whenever he want to be here.
For the record, I second that motion - he's welcome back any time.

Paul Joppa

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #36 on: July 11, 2021, 06:53:20 AM
PB has expressed himself very well here and I support his explanation 100%. I've been doing this forum thing for about 22 years now. One of the things I have learned that keeps a forum healthy is for it to have a well defined purpose. Here it is pretty clear cut, the purpose is being a support forum for Bottlehead kit builders. It's very flattering that we are often asked our opinions of more esoteric design aspects. Luckily there are very good and popular boards that are for exactly that kind of thing, like DIYAudio.

Our intention was not to drive someone away. Unfortunately we can't know how a person will react to this kind of suggestion. As PB mentioned this wasn't the first time someone who is a fairly frequent poster took their ball and went home. I don't imagine it will be the last. The door remains open to anyone who wants to discuss the topics that are relevant here.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Left my hat

Reply #37 on: July 11, 2021, 10:52:16 AM
Hi all –

A forum member alerted me to this discussion. This is all water under the bridge. Yes, I was a little surprised and embarrassed, and even at little offended at first, when I saw PB’s post a while back that prompted me to leave, but it’s all good. Surprised and embarrassed b/c I didn’t clue in earlier. That was my misunderstanding. I always knew that, as a matter of fact, discussion on the BH forum is focused almost entirely on troubleshooting the kits and the normal types of mods, tube recommendations, etc. But I didn’t clue into the fact that this was the intended focus, and mistakenly thought that my “out there” stuff was kosher and even felt a bit encouraged by the subtitles to the General Discussion and Technical Topics subforums. But PB had indeed hinted to me in the past that my stuff better belonged elsewhere and I failed to pick up on those hints. As even some of the people who love me say, I only pick up on 80% of the obvious.   ;D

As for briefly feeling a bit offended, well, that’s on me and the feeling has long passed. I’m a big boy. After dusting myself off and putting my big boy pants back on I realized that PB was right (except about me belonging on the Tweakers forum – sheesh  :D ). My stuff does belong better elsewhere. And more importantly, I never thought that anything PB posted was intended to insult. So we’re all good!

And just b/c I can’t help myself, I’ll mention that I continue to pursue my esoteric stuff. I’ve been unusually busy with work this year, but I plan to get to my experiments with taming the Q of my grid chokes and playing around with resistor bias in my rebuilt Kaiju later this summer. @PJ: I am hoping I can hit you up with the odd question every now and again over on AA. I’ll keep the questions non-BH focused and more general so as not to offend the rules against hawking commercial interests on non-commercial subforums – BH doesn’t sell the stuff I’m playing with, in any event, but just so there’s no question that it’s 100% above board.

Lastly (this has turned into a retirement speech), there really are no hard feelings. I’ve learned tons from the BH crew and I remain very appreciative.

Aha! There’s my hat.

cheers and all the best, Derek