Bottlehead Kits > Eros Phono

Eros 2 questions [resolved]

<< < (2/7) > >>

tmills:
Just received my kit today in great shape and quicker than expected. I am looking forward to soldering this weekend!

tmills:
Hey guys
I have my kit completed but am having an issue. The 2 led's on the B side of the regulator board do not light up. They lit up when I did my first check on that board. Now that I have everything wired they don"t. All other led's light up. My tubes light up. My resistance and voltage checks were all good. I checked the wiring and it "appears" correct. Would using the upper solder tab instead of the lower one cause an issue. I wouldn't think that it would matter as they are the same tab. I used Mundorf Supreme silver/oil output caps and the leads wouldn't fit in the lower so I used the upper. I also had to go back and solder a 1072F(left channel) on the upper as I forgot it the first time around.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul Birkeland:
Can you post your voltages?  Just about all the time when there are LED lighting issues, there are voltage issues that follow.

Specifically I would want to know all the terminal voltages on the small board up front, as well as IA, IB, OA, OB, KregA, and KregB on the regulator board mounted back on the D socket.

tmills:
Thanks Paul

Here are the readings:

IA=293.5V, IB=293.5V, OA=162.8V, OB=162.3V, OC= 99.6V, OD= 99.2V, OKA= 100.2V, OKB=99.4V, OKC=1.8V, OKD=1.8V, KREGA=126.3V and KREGB=124.7
All lights on the regulator board do not light up now.

Thanks

Paul Birkeland:
What are the voltages on the regulator board above the 12AU7 socket?

Seeing 293V at IA/IB on the front C4S board tells me the regulator board back above the 12AU7 isn't working properly.  Was it working during your initial testing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version