Bottlehead Kits > Eros Tape

Revisiting the question of how to wire the head(s)

<< < (2/2)

timmieec:
Ahaha I totally understand what you mean. I myself have been meaning to make this modification so I can bypass the RS1500's internal preamp but life happens and the mod work gets pushed out.

PS2500:
Okay, so I finally did the test with the phone, and I have audio (albeit bassy, as Paul said it would be).That's good, it must mean I constructed the amp correctly. So I'll have to troubleshoot what I did wrong with my RS1500 head connection. If that becomes too much of a problem, I have a couple of other tape decks I could try, and perhaps I'll have better luck with one of those. For now, I think I must have just shorted the audio signal from the RS1500, so I got nothing but a loud hum. It's a good while ago now, so I don't remember in clear detail, but it happened whether or not anything was playing, and no audio coming through at all. As my other projects are completed for the moment, I might have some time to spend on fixing that.

Doc B.:
Sounds like a lifted signal ground to me.

PS2500:
Thanks.

I'll hunt it down eventually. I keep getting waylaid by other projects: some tape deck-related, some turntable related. Most of them are nearing completion now, so I can go back to the Eros soon, I hope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version