Bottlehead crack crosstalk issue

iTM_Havok · 1608

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 03:34:01 PM
Just for further information, your kit wouldn't be eligible to be sent in for repair unless we can't sort this out here. As it stands, I believe there's an extra wire that needs to be removed, and it would be completely silly for you to pay a bunch of money to send the kit to me to clip this wire out.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline iTM_Havok

Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 06:12:22 PM
Unscrew that PC board and lay it down, then post a photo of the wires on the bottom.  If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing, you'll just need some kind of cutter.
Alright, I did that and took some pictures of the wires at the bottom of the PCB. but after I took the photos I screwed the board back down and now there's another issue.  I started hearing static and crackling when I tried playing music and now no audio is coming out of the headphone output at all.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 06:15:43 PM by iTM_Havok »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 06:16:00 AM
What I thought was an extra wire is simply a mistake.  One of the two black wires in your first picture needs to go to the other "O" terminal on the other side of the board.  This miswire will combine both of your channels.  Whoever built this did not perform a voltage check when it was complete, that's for sure!

I let Eileen know that you will need to send this kit in for repair since you don't have a soldering iron available to complete these repairs on your own.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 08:09:46 AM
Yes it does. I'm using a 4-pin XLR cable with my 6XX and a 1/4" adapter.

If you pull the right RCA cable out of the amp, no sound should come out.  Can you confirm this?

Paul "PB" Birkeland