Bottlehead Kits > Crack-a-two-a

Is the crackatwoa worth the upgrade if you are going to use HD650's

(1/5) > >>

charnich:
Hey all, I was wondering if there are advantages to sound quality upgrading to the crackatwoa (coming from the crack + speedball) if you're only going to use high impedance headphones like the HD 650. It seems to me that the crack is highly specialized for the high impedance cans. Will those cans sound better yet on the crackatwoa?

Karl5150:
I seem to remember a thread in which Doc said a maxed Crack couldn't quite reach the C2As sonics due to the circuit design. I'm not sure how you would search for that thread/info.
Karl

Doc B.:
Yes, HD650s will sound better running with a Crackatwoa. The shunt regulation will give a sense of better bandwidth and if you install the TwoQuiet you will get better resolution.

ALL212:
I’ve got two modified Cracks and a modified C2A.  All have approximately the same mods.  I have two pair of the Hd650, original and the HD6xx.

So I’ve got some listening experience with all of those.

The C2A is better.  Not by leaps and bounds but cleaner and maybe a bit clearer with just a bit of freq extension on both ends.

There are still days I like to throw the cans on a crack - there is magic there!

If you can swing it go C2A, you’ll enjoy the ride!

charnich:
Thank you for the insights. They are helpful. I agree that there's some magic in the crack and I'd hate to invest in the C2A with overly high expectations. Heck maybe I'll just go for the gusto and save up for a mainline....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version