Bottlehead Finished Products > Seductor

Mono wiring questions

(1/2) > >>

Karl5150:
Looking at the instructions for wiring the output for mono on page 38 (with an eye towards reverting back to stereo if the mood strikes in the future) would running a wire directly from the ground tab to the black post of the right output work equally well? My thinking is that the wire running from the ground tab to the red post of the left output could simply be clipped, stripped and attached to the black post of the left output for stereo operation.
Also, is my single speaker wiring correct in the photo?
Thanks as always,
Karl   

Paul Birkeland:
That shouldn't be a problem if you do it that way.  Do you have two Seductors?

Karl5150:
I'm working on the second one now. I've been running the original for several years into a pair of Alpair 7.3 drivers. They seem to be happy with the higher damping factor of the Seductor but will no doubt be able to use the extra juice offered by a pair.
Thanks as always,
Karl

Karl5150:
Remembering, correctly I hope, a post from Doc that wiring the OTs for 4 Ohm output would give the quietest operation with headphones (I built one of Josh's adapters) and the recent PJ post that it would offer increased damping factor over the 8 Ohm setting, I wired both sets for 4 Ohm mono operation.
What would the expected reduction in power be when connected to a pair of nominal 8 Ohm speakers as opposed to the 8 Ohm output?
Karl 

Paul Birkeland:
You'll get about half the output power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version