Bottlehead Kits > Stereomour II

Painting parts

(1/2) > >>

Knightstick:
Hello, I have  a quick question. Do I need to paint the underside of the transformer bell? Also I'm curious if I need to paint the metal of the output transformers? I am just planning to use a clear coat. Want to avoid the rust. Thanks in advance.

Paul Birkeland:
The chokes are well dipped and I don't believe they will rust.  I have looked at the bottoms of steel transformer covers from the 90s with no rust on them.  I would definitely hit the power transformer stack with black lacquer.  Typically I will just run a loop of painters' tape around the terminals on the bottom so they don't get hit with paint. 

Knightstick:
Thanks Paul. Can I also paint the whole of the output transformers? Minus the terminals of course. I'm going with a different scheme now. Thanks in advance

Paul Birkeland:
Sure, just wrap the terminals in a little painter's tape.

Knightstick:
I'm really sorry to bother again but there's no black lacquer in my whole town. Would it be okay to hit those transformers with a different type of black? I have some hammered black on hand I'd like to use anyway. Just don't want to ruin the transformers. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version