Starting my Bee Pre 2 - tube questions

whittington · 1418

Offline whittington

on: September 17, 2021, 02:33:23 PM
I can not find the two smaller tubes in my kit. I may have had them and misplaced them? But I have a fairly large selection of tube pairs in my collection. I figured i needed more information than "small" I scoured through the manual and didn't catch anything that stood out. I am probably the only person who doesn't know what they are...

And, for the life of me, I cannot find a listing even on the inventory list with a mention of what they are. Actually, my inventory list doesn't mention any tube other than the 300Bs. I am just setting up my work space and ready to dig in. Help here is appreciated. Paul if you have an extra pair you can send me, I will send the others back in return when I find them? Or pay you for them. Or I can go the bay and order a set  :P

Jeff Whittington

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 03:45:38 PM
I think the confusion may be due to the photo of a prototype fully modified preamp including future upgrades on the store page (see the description below the image). The basic BeePre2 only uses 300Bs. If you check your parts inventory you will find hole plugs that cover the holes where the smaller tube sockets go for now. The tubes will be included with that upgrade kit when we release it.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline whittington

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 05:40:51 PM
Ah ha. Well, I did do a very good thrashing of my work bench and found some very valuable tubes that I had forgot I had stashed. I suspect I was recalling tubes on the Eros that I have pictured in my mind. I think they were Conn Organ Tubes which are more favorable. Those probably went on the Eros. Yes the picture is what threw me. Thank you for getting back so soon. I was about to pull everything out from under my bed next... hahahaha