Resitance is futile

Aural Robert · 1360

Offline Aural Robert

on: November 28, 2021, 07:41:45 AM
In my case, it's not just futile, it's wrong! I messed up and put the wrong resistors in two places.

There are 2.49K and 249K resistors in the build: the 249K's are supposed to go between 9U and 10U - I put the 2.49K here.

And the 2.49K are supposed to go into R3 on the B side of the printed circuit board. I put the 249K here.

When I energized the amp to set the bias, all 4 leds lit up, then there was a small "tink" noise and the B side leds went out.

So I know where I messed up but I don't know what I messed up. I need to order new parts so should I just get 2 new sets of boards and 2 resistors?

Otherwise the build is going well. Excellent choices on the parts and finishes, it looks really nice.

Thanks in advance.

... Confusion will be my epitaph ...
Aural Robert.

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:45:57 AM
I would replace the entire C4S board while you're swapping out the resistors.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Aural Robert

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 08:05:08 AM
Ok that's what I'll do. Thanks Paul.

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout