RCA outputs?

Mulburg · 1126

Offline Mulburg

on: October 07, 2021, 01:42:03 PM
What are both pairs of RCA outputs for? I’ve only used the pair closest to the power jack.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 02:40:14 PM
The second set is for subwoofers, or a headphone amp, or bi-amping, or whatever you wish.

Paul Joppa

Offline Mulburg

Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 02:44:11 PM
The second set is for subwoofers, or a headphone amp, or bi-amping, or whatever you wish.

Thank you. I guess I should switch over to the other pair to make sure they work. Bi-amping sounds promising.

Offline El Tel

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 05:24:53 AM
Hi Paul

I've just finished the Moreplay pre-amp and am interested in doing the crack headphone amp. Obviously I have my sources plugged into the moreplay, would it be a simple case of running a set of leads from the Moreplay outputs to the crack amp outputs ?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 05:26:28 AM
Yes, you can cable up the second set of Moreplay outputs to the Crack inputs.  You may find that the volume pot on the Crack needs to be somewhere around 50%-75% rotation to allow for the Moreplay to be used in this way without things being overly sensitive.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline El Tel

Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 05:29:52 AM
Thanks again Paul !!!
Oh no, I'm getting the bug for this 🙂

Offline Larpy

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 12:07:31 PM
No one ever eats just one potato chip, and no one ever builds just one Bottlehead kit.

I've now built 6.

Larry