Schematic for Mainline?

mpv · 1439

Offline mpv

on: March 01, 2022, 12:41:45 PM
Hello,
New to this forum and I was wondering if there is a way to get the schematic or/and manual for Mainland,please.
I know if you buy new....but I'm in the market to buy used.
Thank You

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 01:03:55 PM
We only sell the manual to current owners of our products. This is to give our IP some protection from people attempting to copy our products (though it would be quite difficult to copy without our proprietary transformers). When you acquire a used Mainline be sure to ask the current owner for a copy of the manual. If the current owner does not have it they can purchase a replacement from us after we verify their original purchase and pass it along to you.

I should share here that we have had some email communication and your story seems to have changed from those emails, where you requested a manual for your technician to examine to determine if he wanted to build the kit for you. I explained at that time that the manual would be provided immediately for download upon your purchase of the kit.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline mpv

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:54:06 PM
Yes but due to your refusal I have to oriented myself to used market.No ofense but with weak $CAD plus %13 border fee.....it become hard to justify the final price. I honest don't see why you felt to mention this when first you ignored my emails when tried to register and no confirmation email was received....
As you said,no one will be able to replicate your protected design. I strongly suggest you start to open to DIY new people.
Feel free to block me if you feel so but I would prefer to pay to have the manual before paying upfront for whole kit.
Thank You
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 02:02:03 PM by mpv »

Offline ALL212

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 02:58:51 AM
I stand by Bottlehead on this.  Doc’s policy on manual sales has been unchanged for years.

Aaron Luebke

Offline mpv

Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 12:53:55 PM
Relax .....someone was a good guy.Thanks

Offline oguinn

Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 01:18:52 PM
 ::)

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball