shipping status

Doc B. · 4144

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 01:41:56 PM
A big stack of Crack kits shipped yesterday. Working on MonAmour and Kaiju kits as we hope to hear from our winder that the output iron for those kits is arriving any day now. Stereomour2, Moreplay and S.E.X. kits are in the packing queue.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 12:07:44 PM
Stereomour2s shipping today.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 06:30:03 PM
At the risk of hurting myself patting myself on the back, today we are all caught up on shipping every product except the Kaijus and MonAmour that are awaiting output iron from our winder. Cracks and Moreplays shipped today. We've been getting kits packed and shipped within a week of ordering pretty regularly and in a few cases kits are even shipping the same day. I'm not sure how long we can sustain this, but it feels really good.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #33 on: July 14, 2022, 11:05:40 AM
AN HISTORIC EVENT - we have every kit caught up through yesterday! This is the first time in 26 years that we have done this.

As we came out of the pandemic and subsequent supply issues we worked extra hard to keep up with orders and more importantly to build our inventory. On the advice of many and due to our fairly narrow margins we used (mostly) a just in time inventory system all these years. The recent events have proven that to be a sometimes useful short term solution but not a reasonable long term solution. When we have kits with 10+year life spans and parts prices are constantly rising there isn't much of an argument against keeping an abundance of parts in the warehouse.

So we have invested a shit ton in inventory, for some parts a year's supply or more. Aside from climbing over boxes full of transformers and wood bases in our last bit of open space it is working amazingly well. Eileen and I have come up with a division of labor on the prep and packing that seems to be far more efficient than any of our previous systems as well. When there was one person doing this job for many years due to the slow trickle of parts coming in we had felt that was a bottleneck. With two of us splitting the job and plenty of parts in house we can be much more efficient and still have time for our other responsibilities.

And so you can go to the shipping status page today and see that every kit is caught up through yesterday, July 13th. A few kit orders that came in yesterday are shipping today. And then I will be taking a few days off to work on the two bikes that I am taking to Bonneville this year. 6 weeks to go. Better pick up the pace.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 11:07:41 AM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mucker

Reply #34 on: July 14, 2022, 12:53:09 PM
BRAVO! Good things happen to good people! Work hard play hard ... have fun on the salt!

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #35 on: July 14, 2022, 01:11:54 PM
Jeeze Doc, I would think that the Queen would a have comfy life of lounging on the sofa eating Bonn Bonn's by now. Eileen is a keeper and has always been quite kind to me whenever I called or Emailed her. Best wishes. Good luck at Bonneville this summer, Did you solve your fuel pressure issue? Perhaps a separate electric fuel pump for the juice.

Lee R.

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #36 on: July 14, 2022, 04:34:32 PM
A new fuel pump was installed for this season along with a more reliable fuel shutoff. Rebuilt carbs, rebuilt brake master cylinder, reworked AFR gauge, new lithium battery, valves adjusted. The jets need a bit more tweaking as the plugs are still a little fluffy. We will be doing more tuning this weekend and if things go well we will shoot some more video. Tonight and tomorrow I am working on the second bike I am bringing, my Aprilia street bike converted to race fairings.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #37 on: July 14, 2022, 04:53:45 PM
Ok Doc. It seems that you have a grasp on what your bike needs. If you get hung up and need a neophyte's recommendations to ground you if and when you are grasping at straws just let me know. Always happy to put my nose into somewhere it doesn't belong.
Just call me.

Lee R.

Offline Mucker

Reply #38 on: July 14, 2022, 07:22:36 PM
Would be cool to see some (one) vacuum tube(s) on those bikes. (In strategic places of course). Hook the heaters up and see if those USA JAN-CRC tubes can take the vibration of the salt flat.  :P

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #39 on: July 15, 2022, 07:06:46 AM
I considered a nixie display for a GPS speedo until I realized that I would never be able to see it in the bright sun on the white flats. It's difficult to convey how incredibly bright and glary it is out there. And yes, vibration is an issue. I have an aircraft style analog dual EGT gauge and the needles vibrate so much that they are just barely useful. I will be adding a chin cushion this year so I can rest my chin on the fuel tank without my vision blurring.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mucker

Reply #40 on: July 15, 2022, 08:02:18 AM
Ah good stuffs. I spend alot of time on the dry lake beds here in Nevada flying RC jets and props. My other spendy hobby .....

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 01:30:35 PM
We are still caught up on all kit orders as of this afternoon. The orders have been coming in at a good pace and we have been able to keep up with them, sending several out every day. If you don't like waiting, now is the time...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mucker

Reply #42 on: July 27, 2022, 09:01:02 PM
I just received my Moreplay and building now, wicked fast shipping (and a nice surprise!) Thank you!

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #43 on: September 16, 2022, 11:44:41 AM
Lots of kits shipped this week as we returned from a week off. Of the top of my head - Crackatwoas, Stereomour2s, Reduction, BeePre2 output upgrade, Kaiju DC filament upgrade and some power cords. Next in the queue are Cracks, Speedballs and Moreplays, followed by tape path kits and Steremour2 stuff. Crack/Speedball and MP kits should be shipping early next week.

https://bottlehead.com/bottlehead-kit-delivery-status/

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #44 on: September 23, 2022, 10:49:08 AM
Cracks, Moreplays, Stereomour2s, SEX kits, a Crackatwoa, tape path kits, BeePre2 output upgrades and power cords all shipped this week. We leave the office this afternoon all caught up.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.