Bottlehead Kits > Smash

Smashup Voltage [resolved]

(1/10) > >>

1026mind:
I had built the smash a few years back and it worked fine, well the usual noise and microphonic. So I decided to do the smashup upgrade and to build it on two chassis , one the power source and the voltage regulators and the rest on the second chassie .
I finished the power supply but I am getting different  voltages
B1-0v
B2-212v
B3-1.847v
B4-0v
B5-212v
B6-1.847

Please help!!
Thank you!

Paul Birkeland:
I would post build photos if you can.  I haven't provided tech support on a Smash-up in some time, so a visual inspection is a good place to start. 

On the surface, I see the same issue on both sides, so it's likely that the same mistake made it onto both boards or into the build on both sides.

The 1.8V on the cathodes means the 6SN7 triodes are sucking down a ton of current.

What are your OB voltages on each PC board?  If for some reason the 4P1L tubes aren't drawing any current, that could possibly cause some of the issues you're experiencing.

1026mind:
The 4P1L are not in place, I only completed the power supply and the voltage regulators . The OB voltages are the same with B2 and B5.

Paul Birkeland:
If you don't have the 4P1L tubes drawing the appropriate current, it won't really be possible to ascertain whether there's any issue that needs to be resolved at this juncture.

1026mind:
I will build the second part and go from there. Thank you very much!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version