My thoughts on the Moreplay

dth31 · 4497

Offline smodtactical

Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 04:30:11 AM
Lots!  I have a VAC Master preamp in my other system along with VAC Sig 200iQ mono amps, Magico M3 speakers, Synergistic Research Galileo cables, and totaldac d1-12 dac, streamer and player.  The Monbrison does NOT sound all that good in this system.  I haven’t tried the Moreplay in this main system.  The VAC Master is simply an outstanding preamp, as it should be for the price difference.  This system does all the audiophile imaging, soundstage, delineation of individual instruments amazingly well, AND speaks to the heart with its musicality.

The 2nd system is neck-and-neck with the main system in terms of its musicality, which is what is most important to me.  No, it doesn’t do the other audiophile stuff as well as the main system, but for rock, blues, small ensemble or individual instrument classical music, the 2nd system is very competitive at a small fraction of the price.  So much so that I am seriously entertaining the possibility of selling the main system.  That’s how much I like the 2nd system.  I would probably sell the Monbrison, too, if I had to keep only 1 preamp.

The 2nd system consists of a totaldac d1-core dac, multiple kit amps (including a 2A3 Paramount), Triode Wire Labs cabling, and speakers made for me by Gary Fischer.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1704948006345934&type=3

The wooden Altec replica horns are amazing.  I used to own Altec Model 19 speakers and the horn ringing was so objectionable I sold them quickly.  The wooden Markus Klug Horns retain all the Altec goodness with none of the Altec harshness or ringing.  Highly recommended.

https://klughoerner.com/en/

Wow impressive gear indeed! Do you think you could put moreplay in system 1 and tell us what you think ?  Thanks!

Offline dth31

Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 08:11:18 AM
Unfortunately no.  The Moreplay is now the centerpiece of a vacation home system and I don’t want to be carrying it back and forth between homes.