Improper Ohm Value on Resistor?? Page 47 [resolved]

jstrano · 811

Offline jstrano

Good Morning, I was building my SEX kit over the weekend and stumbled upon (2) 249K resistors red, yellow, white, orange, brown used on page 47 of the manual and the resistance for both before installation were at around 173K, is this going to create any issues?  I wasn't sure if anyone else had run into this.  If it will create an issue I'd rather know now before I finish up the kit.  Thanks, Jason
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:42:58 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 05:19:44 AM
How are the batteries in your meter?  How do the 150K resistors measure?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jstrano

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 08:39:44 AM
All of the other resistors checked out fine.  It was just the two that I questioned.  I'm now working on the audio input/output side and haven't done a final resistance check, but was curious.  I did check each set before they went in so that I had a good baseline.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 09:08:49 AM
That would be very odd for those resistors to not measure properly unless perhaps they are being measured after they are installed (which it seems like isn't the issue here).

For functionality of the SEX amp, these parts being slightly low isn't particularly problematic.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:10:02 AM
If you hold the meter probes to each end of the resistor to measure, the resistance of your body is in parallel with the resistor and it will read low. That has happened to me many times.

Paul Joppa

Offline jstrano

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 01:30:35 AM
I want to thank everyone for the quick responses.  I went back last night and went through every resistor and got accurate values.  This is my first build, so I'm trying to be as cautious as possible.  I appreciate all of the help and am so psyched about getting this project up and running! This is such a great group!