Other Gear > Speakers

3-D printed speaker

(1/2) > >>

debk:
Just for kicks I 3D printed a speaker design I found on Thingiverse, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4750820

I used Fostex Fe103NV's as the drivers and printed the parts with Atomic Extreme Carbon PETG.  I printed them at a fairly high infill of 60%.  This made for a fairly dense cabinet but a very long print, about 90 hours for the body.  They actually sound much better than I thought they would.

So far, I have just printed one speaker, printing the second on now.  I'll post a picture of the cabinet without the side panel when it finishes printing.

Debra

kgoss:
Wow, thanks for posting this Debrah.  I never thought about buying a 3D printer before, but these projects are starting to change my mind.  It looks like a great way to build prototypes of any idea you come up with.  Plus it appears a lot more fun to play with than I imagined. 

Doc B.:
Very cool. Waiting for the 3D printed vacuum tube.

Tubegopher:
My goodness, you are a busy bee! Between kit building of all sorts, firing off high powered rockets and three D printing of turntables and speakers... the list goes on.
Amazing! Keep it up! Bottlehead forum readers like me enjoy the posts!

caffeinator:
Debk, you are an inspiration - I am trolling thingiverse at the moment, looking for speakers to give my dusty 3D printer something to do.

Did you print the sides in a different color of the same material, or was that painted?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version