I have issues...

aallison0923 · 1302

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 03:01:21 PM
I suspect there's something going on outside the Moreplay.  I would go grab a three bulb tester and check your outlet.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #16 on: April 05, 2022, 08:34:47 AM
Use your ohmmeter. Install the (unplugged from the wall!) power cord in the IEC socket. Measure resistance for continuity from the hot blade of the power cord plug ( the pin at the wall end of the cord) to the L terminal on the IEC, the neutral blade of the plug to the N terminal on the IEC inlet and the ground pin on the plug to the E terminal on the IEC inlet. If something is reading open pull the cord out of the IEC inlet and measure from the cord side terminals of the IEC inlet to the corresponding underside terminal. If all reads good thru the IEC from one side to the other but not good thru the cord plugged into in the inlet the pins in the IEC inlet may be tilted out of contact with the cord contacts - possibly from excess flux or overheating the plastic.
That's about all I got, it's a pretty straight forward electrical path

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline aallison0923

Reply #17 on: April 05, 2022, 12:25:23 PM
Paul - I acquired a three bulb tester today and all of my outlets are testing correct.

Doc B - I will proceed with your advice and we will see what happens.

Thanks,
Andy

Offline aallison0923

Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 12:48:17 PM
Doc/Paul

From what I can tell after testing the cord and IEC module, the negative is open. I think I need a new IEC module, and will be getting ahold of your parts department.

Thanks for working with me on this,
Andy