Buy now or wait for the next upgrade?

currly30 · 1343

Offline currly30

on: June 02, 2022, 06:19:53 PM
I want to try the PreBee2 on my system but would prefer it to have the balanced XLR output. I have an Essential tremor in my hands that can make de-soldering and other small multitask things rather difficult.

For the future upgrade any idea on how difficult it will be?  I was able to do the Speedball upgrade on the crack but it was a bit of a challenge. If the next upgrade for the PreBee2 is more difficult than the Speedball I don't know if I would be able to do it.

So, do you think I should wait on the PreBee till the shunt regulator upgrade package is available or would I be okay to get it now?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 04:12:38 AM
You really need to get the stock circuit built and fully tested before adding the upgrades, so there shouldn't be a whole lot of difference for that.  As far as difficulty goes, it's quite similar to a Speedball but with a little extra hardware installed along the way.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline currly30

Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 05:24:15 PM
You really need to get the stock circuit built and fully tested before adding the upgrades, so there shouldn't be a whole lot of difference for that.  As far as difficulty goes, it's quite similar to a Speedball but with a little extra hardware installed along the way.

-PB

Okay, thanks for the advice.

Offline BrucePoi

Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 08:16:37 AM
Hello,

Any update on when the shunt regulator upgrade will be available?

Thanks,

Bruce

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 08:36:15 AM
We're waiting to hear about availability of a couple of parts. Once we have that set we should be ready to take orders.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.