Manual - Bee2Quiet stepped attenuator & BeePre2 shunt regulator and balanced out

RdDgWest · 1113

Offline RdDgWest

Hi
Just received my order for the BeePre2 with the Bee2Quiet stepped attenuator & BeePre2 shunt regulator and balanced out upgrades. 
I received the download for the BeePre2 but not for the two upgrades.  I contacted the Bottlehead team and they are away until next week. 

I would like to read through the material so I can understand the build and know when and how the upgrades get added.  Anyone do these upgrades for the BeePre2 during the initial build and give me some advice?

Offline Thermioniclife

Not having the BP2 myself but I can tell you that you should build the basic kit as stock first then test and listen for a few weeks before adding any upgrades. This is needed to make sure the base kit is fully functional and it also will let you get used to the sound before upgrades so you can appreciate the difference. Then install one of the upgrades for the same 2 reasons and listen for a while, Then add the final upgrade. Trouble shooting will be much easier that way. This will give you plenty of time to study and time for BH to get back from vacation. Just one mans 2 cents worth.     

Lee R.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Anyone do these upgrades for the BeePre2 during the initial build and give me some advice?
These kits are not designed to have the upgrades put in during the initial build.  Build the stock basic BeePre 2.0 and use it for at least two weeks before adding the first upgrade. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline RdDgWest

Thank you, Lee and Paul.
My initial thoughts were do it all during the initial build versus going back in and out a few times, potentially messing things up.  It felt wrong doing that but I get it now.