Speaker pairing monamour

smodtactical · 4226

Offline smodtactical

on: November 05, 2022, 05:56:42 PM
What speakers are you guys using given  low power of 2a3?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 05:53:25 AM
The Jager is of course the first obvious choice, but others have used Zu and Tekton products successfully.  You can also look more toward traditional horn systems like vintage Altec, Living Voice, Avantgarde, etc.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline rockdoc

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 07:01:00 AM
I ran my 45 paraglows with Zu Soul Superfly speakers, and it was an amazing combo. On all kinds of music too. And that's at half the power of 2A3s.....Might get another pair of Zus....    Steve T

Offline Altecboy

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 09:49:30 AM
Altec Model 19 clones.  If you have the room.  Monamours drive them with ease from top to bottom.  Big orchestra, opera, with ease.  And if you are into loud, Monamours play loud with '19's.

Offline jjvornov

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 05:30:23 AM
I ran my 45 paraglows with Zu Soul Superfly speakers, and it was an amazing combo. On all kinds of music too. And that's at half the power of 2A3s.....Might get another pair of Zus....    Steve T

I'm running them with the Zu Soul Supreme. Incredible detail, balance and realism.

Offline debk

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 06:53:19 AM
I am using Tekton speakers with my MonAmour's and the Jagers with my 45 Stereomour

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
BeePre2, Psvane ACME 300b
Kaiju, Linlai Elite  300b
Monamour 2a3 amps various tubes
Sota Sapphire, Pete Riggle Woody Tonearm, Kiseki Purpleheart Cartridge
Rega P6 Ania Pro cartridge
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline Ivan303

Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 04:17:43 PM
Edgar Titan horns here, which at 106dB would be happy with only a watt.

Should work well with any of the Klipsch 'Heritage' line, I would think.

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 04:43:13 PM
I have used all of the following with good results: Jagers, Cain and Cain Abby and Double Horn Ben with some more modern Fostex drivers, Blumenstein Orcas with some Blumenstein subs, mini onkens, Omega speakers and Zigmahornets. I have always wanted to try Zu as well...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 06:03:59 AM by tsingle999 »

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline Ivan303

Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 03:01:54 AM
I have used Jagers, Cain and Cain Abby and Double Horn Ben with some more modern Fostex drivers, Blumenstein Orcas with some Blumenstein subs, mini onkens and Zigmahornets. I have always wanted to try Zu as well...

Re: Cain & Cain Ben's and Abby.  Recall that Terry Cain always showed at both CES/T.H.E and RMAF with 2A3 Monoblocks built by Josh Stippich of Electron Luv.

Even when he showed in the 'Big Room' at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest the 2A3 Amps always filled the room.