Multiple Through Holes for - 275v DC?

Kedwin · 1965

Offline Kedwin

on: January 20, 2023, 08:58:31 AM
Im building my kit and have had an issue on the board w 275v DC through holes. The photo in the instructions depicts 1 hole each for + and -, however mine has 2 holes side by side near the at each indicator and am unsure how to proceed.

I did encounter this during power/safety tests with DMM at the beginning stages of the build, and did end up successfully testing the DC but forgot to mark which one seemed to produce the correct reading.

I considered doing another test w DMM + outlet before soldering, but given at this stage i have already done a lot of the build worried this would cause damage.

My first thought is i can just strip extra wire long enough to hook through both holes and solder that but unsure if the other holes either NEED to remain unsoldered, or would somehow overload/divert/etc power to the wrong place(s).

Is there a unique way to test these to identify the correct + and - without running power from outlet/risking damage?

Any help appreciated!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 09:16:32 AM
The photo in the instructions depicts 1 hole each for + and -, however mine has 2 holes side by side near the at each indicator and am unsure how to proceed.
The old board design that came with Mainline 1.0 had a single ground hole and two +275V holes.  I added an extra hole on the ground connection to add some longevity to the board if it has to be removed multiple times during debugging.  You can install the black wire in either hole by the "-" symbol on the board, as they are connected together.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man