New Member and Future Owner of a Moreplay Preamp.

Guest · 1685

AG

on: August 12, 2023, 08:26:30 AM
Hi.
 My name is Andre, I just place an order for my Moreplay kit preamp.

I live in central Florida and like analog sound. This preamp will be my first tube equipment and the expectancy is high.
Play a TT, made by me and some McIntosh gear. I believe the Moreplay will be great addition for my record collection.

Cheers from Fla.

Andre.

Offline hmbscott

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 10:09:54 AM
I'm sure you will love it. My Moreplay was the most recent addition to my system and it sounds amazing! It's a fun build too.

Scott
[Ortofon 2M Bronze > U-Turn Theory > Eros II] & [iMac via USB > Denafrips Ares 2] >> Moreplay >> Schiit Lokius EQ >> Stereomour II >> Hsu ULS-15 Sub >> homemade DML Speakers
Moreplay 2nd out >> [Crack + Speedball > HD 650]

AG

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 11:08:10 AM
Thank you!
I am reading the instructions now. The instructions are really good, there is not room for misunderstood but we are humans after all!!

Will keep the assembly process here. I know will be another one, but a nice product like this one is always good to see. I cant wait to start!

~AG~

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 05:46:34 PM
Thanks for your order!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 07:44:35 PM
Just one man's opinion but read the manual a few times before you get your kit.

Lee R.

AG

Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 02:51:08 AM
Thanks for your order!

Hi Doc.
 Was a pleasure to speak with you the other day, and as I promised I place it!

Andre.

AG

Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 02:52:03 AM
Just one man's opinion but read the manual a few times before you get your kit.
Hi Lee.
Great advice, and I will do.
Andre.

Offline Dzrout

Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 06:02:49 PM
I don’t want to like it. Because it’s cheap. And not fancy at all. But god damn.

I have tired so many preamps and integrated amps. NOTHING compares to it at all. I have a $3000 integrated amp in right now and the Moreplay on a $300 Hafler Power amp blows this thing out of the water. Just like everything else!!

It’s amazing!

Offline Cary

Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 04:40:21 AM
Another suggestion that I always give is take your time assembling the kit and check and double check that you are installing the correct part. My Moreplay is from the first run of the kits, great sounding preamp.

Offline lms

Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 05:30:52 AM
Don't forget to check out the videos too.

Offline adeep42

Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 09:16:42 AM
I agree with Dzrout. The good folks at BH wanted to make a simple and easy to assemble line pre-amp. Like some other great pieces of gear, they proved that less can be much more than just more. I believe that the Moreplay will supersede the Crack as the the Bottlehead symbol of greatness!

AG

Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 03:49:39 AM
Thank you all again for  the advices!

We have a tracking number so by the end on next week will arrive.
Stay tuned!

Cheers from Fla.

Offline Mucker

Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 02:43:30 PM
I've built 4 BH kits and have to add ...... do not underestimate the importance of a good quality wire stripper and a set of long tweezers to hold and guide wires ..... that's all I have .....

AG

Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 03:02:50 PM
I've built 4 BH kits and have to add ...... do not underestimate the importance of a good quality wire stripper and a set of long tweezers to hold and guide wires ..... that's all I have .....

Hi,
 My wire stripper is an old Ideal industry, so far is working well. a long tweezer is available too. Fluke voltmeter (30 years old at least and work like a champ)

Cheers from Fla.
Andre.