Will the monoblocks be replaced?

blackharp · 6238

Offline blackharp

on: January 24, 2023, 10:46:34 AM
I see they just recently went out of production. Will there soon be another monoblock option? I recently purchased the beepre 2 and still waiting for it to ship. Thank you

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 10:56:46 AM
Prototype parts are on the way for two separate prototyping projects, one if which will definitely be monoblocks.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline blackharp

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 11:00:07 AM
Awesome! Will they be like the monamours? 2a3 or 300b? Any idea when they may or may not be available?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 11:17:58 AM
Timeline on new kits is completely impossible to predict, especially since one of my ideas is extremely unusual.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline oguinn

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 11:19:02 AM
Man, you guys really thinned the herd on January 16.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline blackharp

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 11:25:25 AM
Extremely unusual? I like it already.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 01:31:00 PM
Man, you guys really thinned the herd on January 16.

We really have to cut back our workload. Last year was our second biggest year ever, with just two of us handling orders. We're extremely grateful and at the same time quite worn out. I am already a couple years past the usual retirement age and I'd like to stay inspired to offer these kits for five more years. So we felt the best way to address the issue was to cut the items that sold in the smallest quantities, in order to affect the fewest customers. That way we cut our workload to something more mangageable and hopefully keep most folks happy.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 05:13:11 PM
We really have to cut back our workload. Last year was our second biggest year ever, with just two of us handling orders. We're extremely grateful and at the same time quite worn out. I am already a couple years past the usual retirement age and I'd like to stay inspired to offer these kits for five more years. So we felt the best way to address the issue was to cut the items that sold in the smallest quantities, in order to affect the fewest customers. That way we cut our workload to something more mangageable and hopefully keep most folks happy.

I understand, Doc. I’m not trying to give you a hard time.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 07:59:56 PM
I didn't think you were at all, just felt that you guys deserved to know the reasoning behind the kit retirements. Part of it is workload and part of it is thinning out kits that parts supply has been problematic for.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Karl5150

Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 02:56:00 AM
Doc,
As I've posted before, we on the other side of the order button forget, or can't even fathom, what it takes to put together a couple hundred pieces in a compact, secure package and get it out the door along with dozens (?) of similar boxes - Oh and all that other stuff that is required to run a business.
Anyway, thanks for being so forthcoming about your ideas/hopes/plans for the future of an important part of our favorite hobby.
Karl   

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77

Offline Bubbatwoa

Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 05:38:15 AM
Prototype parts are on the way for two separate prototyping projects, one if which will definitely be monoblocks.

Can you give any details at all on the upcoming monoblock kit?  I'm interested in building a pair of monoblock Kaiju 300b's and am wondering if I should wait to see what the new kit is going to be.

Offline Brillo

Reply #11 on: September 04, 2023, 03:46:33 AM
Curious to know what might be coming down the line, and if there's any ETA.  I'm looking to bi-amp, or tri-amp, and complement my Paramounts.  Kaiju is out of stock, so is there something coming that's worth waiting for (silly question, I suppose)?

Chris

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #12 on: September 05, 2023, 06:14:35 AM
There's always the possibility of new products. At the moment we have some design and product ideas that have gotten sort of stuck in the launch tube due to time limitations of everyone involved. I don't have anything specific to offer regarding monoblocks at the moment, but Kaiju will be back in stock soon. We are just waiting for some power tranformers to be completed.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline blackharp

Reply #13 on: November 01, 2023, 07:07:20 AM
There's always the possibility of new products. At the moment we have some design and product ideas that have gotten sort of stuck in the launch tube due to time limitations of everyone involved. I don't have anything specific to offer regarding monoblocks at the moment, but Kaiju will be back in stock soon. We are just waiting for some power tranformers to be completed.

I ended up with the Kaiju and love it!!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #14 on: November 01, 2023, 09:48:28 AM
Glad you are enjoying it. Thanks for the kind words!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.