Buzzing sound [resolved]

AustinWhit · 510

Offline AustinWhit

on: March 14, 2023, 08:39:06 AM
After finishing my Bottlehead crack with the speedball I noticed there is a buzzing sound in the left and right side of my headphones. It goes away with the amp turned all the way down and gets louder as I turn it up. It stops completely when I disconnect the rca cables from the crack even at full volume. I’m just wondering where I should begin to start troubleshooting this
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 10:21:51 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:43:31 AM
This is very likely external to the Crack.  What is your source component?  If this only happens with no source connected, that's not indicative of any kind of issue.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline AustinWhit

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 09:01:32 AM
I just realized I placed the crack within 3 feet of my pc and router so I thought I try moving it. After moving it about 10 feet away the buzz is completely gone. Sorry for the dumb question, I didn’t realize having them close together caused THAT much of an issue

Offline Deluk

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 02:32:32 AM
My crack is only about 18" from my desktop PC and if I use a laptop it is even less. My router is the other side of the room adjacent to the telephone input. I get no interference of any sort. Possibly you can do something similar. I did the diode mod on the power input and that got rid of the clicks and pops from my mouse etc. That is worthwhile and IMO should be a standard feature of the build.