Effects of improper load on Seduction?

tiller · 3544

Offline tiller

on: February 09, 2012, 01:41:34 PM
Hi all,

I've had my Seduction for quite some time now and I absolutely adore it. I am running it directly into a power amp through a passive attenuator -- no preamp or active buffer stages are involved. The Seduction's specs state that it wants to see a load of >50kOhms. Currently, it will see, on average, about 22kOhms from the input of the amp. I realize that the effects of this will most likely be negligible, and don't get me wrong, I am very happy with how my setup performs. My question is, what would be the "theoretical" effects of the less-than-ideal load on the Seduction? Less low frequencies? Less high frequencies? None of the above?

Thanks!

AT

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:18:54 PM
Yes, the 50K load gives a LF corner at 7Hz, which becomes 15Hz at 22K. There are some theoretical issues, but we've run Seduction into a 15K load with quite satisfying results and I would not expect a big problem until you get below 10K. For the lower load impedances, I would change the 0.47uF output cap to 1.0uF, but it's no a big deal except with a very, very few recordings - and even then, you'd better had some amazing subwoofers if you expect to actually hear it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:45:04 PM by Paul Joppa »

Paul Joppa

Offline tiller

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:04:04 PM
Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks very much Mr. Joppa!

Offline BalleClorin

Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 12:11:53 AM
Great to know. I am doing measurements with a Tascam 144mk2 with 15k input Imp.I see that the bass extension is the rolled off at 2,5db at 20hz,