Bottlehead Kits > Seduction

Turning a Seduction tape pre back to Seduction phono!

(1/3) > >>

AstromanoftheFuture:
So a buddy of mine impulse bought a used Seduction that had been converted for reel-to-reel use. Even before receiving it he found out the gain would be a little suboptimal for his player, so he decided to pass it on. I think I’d like to convert it back to a phono pre. It might be due for a bit of refurbishment anyways, I’m not sure how old this is (other than knowing roughly the time period the kit was available)
I’ll email about getting a manual, and I’m currently looking at the archived post of how to do the tape conversion to get a feel for what was changed in the first place (and to see if this particular unit lines up with that)

Paul Joppa:
That's an old one! The PT-1 power transformer was introduced in 2003 and the last batch was ordered at the beginning of 2012. I see some upgraded capacitors in there.

It will "work" with a phono cartridge, though with a messed-up frequency response. You may want to try it, just to see if it is in working condition before modifying the equalization to RIAA.

debk:
That is very cool a walk down memory lane.  The seduction was the first BH kit I built

Debra

2wo:
My  nephew ran off with mine he's still using it...John

AstromanoftheFuture:
I contacted Eileen and I now have the manual and associated ephemera to try to take this back to phono usage. More to come,TBD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version