Moreplay question prior arrival.

Guest · 1847

AG

on: August 30, 2023, 05:29:15 AM
Hi to all.
 My kit should arrive this Friday, as many I am getting prepper to start working on it.
I have few questions, the wire provided is long enough to reroute the path? (any advice will be welcome)

Question for Doc, is possible to have the top plate PDF drawing, I want to make some stencils and I need the drawing. If it's not possible I totally understand.

thanks in advance

Cheers from Fla.
Andre.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 06:55:57 AM
I have few questions, the wire provided is long enough to reroute the path? (any advice will be welcome)
What do you want to reroute, where do you want to reroute it, and why? 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

AG

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 07:15:46 AM
What do you want to reroute, where do you want to reroute it, and why?
pure OCD, instead to have cables jumping from one side to the other I like to run straight lines, if you advice me to do not, I will follow you.
AG.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 07:47:29 AM
There is some extra wire included with each kit, but I would do your best to keep the layout relatively unchanged. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

AG

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 08:54:22 AM
There is some extra wire included with each kit, but I would do your best to keep the layout relatively unchanged.
perfect, I will keep it in mind.
Thank you.

Cheers from Fla
Andre.

AG

Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 11:40:28 AM
Probably install a pilot light is not necessary because the glowing valves. in case I decide to install one, it could cause any noise or malfunction n the system?

thanks in advance.

Cheers from Fla.
Andre.

Offline Mucker

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 12:15:27 PM
I installed an illuminated switch on my Moreplay and there is no ill effect that I notice; exact same performance before and after.

I did so because I use 6V6 metal tubes that have no indication of being energized. And I did leave the preamp on a couple of times (for a couple of days) by mistake from not noticing it was on.

The switch works well and even looks acceptable with glowing tubes. The 6V6 family of tubes are some of the most dimly lit tubes I've used so the lit switch is actually a nice compliment. I would never install one on a Crack or my S3X where the tube glow is plenty sufficient.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 12:17:41 PM by Mucker »

AG

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 12:57:36 PM
I installed an illuminated switch on my Moreplay and there is no ill effect that I notice; exact same performance before and after.

I did so because I use 6V6 metal tubes that have no indication of being energized. And I did leave the preamp on a couple of times (for a couple of days) by mistake from not noticing it was on.

The switch works well and even looks acceptable with glowing tubes. The 6V6 family of tubes are some of the most dimly lit tubes I've used so the lit switch is actually a nice compliment. I would never install one on a Crack or my S3X where the tube glow is plenty sufficient.
Good point, I am in the process to buy some other valves and those could be metal.Thanks for the advice. The stock on/off switch will be replaced by a toggle one, so there is not chance to install a lighted rocket switch.

Cheer from Fla.
Andre.