new speaker kit

vetmed · 2036

Offline vetmed

on: July 28, 2023, 01:42:25 PM
I was all set to purchase this but it seems that fasteners are not included?

Robert Lees

Offline oguinn

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 02:10:38 PM
How do you figure?

“ That includes a complete pair of cabinets in knocked down form that assemble in a few minutes with a screwdriver, Alpair drivers, and all the hardware like wire, binding posts cups, acoustic materials, gaskets, screws, etc. All you will need to do beyond assembly is apply your favorite finish.”

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline vetmed

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 04:12:58 PM
Well the only way you will see this is if you actually attempt to purchase it. In the checkout you get a warning that some fasteners are not included, or words to that effect.

Robert Lees

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 04:50:14 PM
I did purchase. Is this the notice you’re talking about?

Pipette Speaker Hardware has been removed from your cart because it can no longer be purchased. Please contact us if you need assistance.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline lanson

• RIP Wallet...
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 05:35:27 PM
I just bought a pair. They will be my first proper speakers ever.
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I wanted to ask...

Would a S.E.X amp be powerful enough to make them sing?

Ahmad Al Halawani

Offline vetmed

Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 02:47:11 AM
So what does Pipette speaker hardware has been removed from your cart because it can no longer be purchased mean?
To answer the other question it depends on how close you sit to the speakers and how big the room is and how loud you like to listen.

Robert Lees

Offline oguinn

Reply #6 on: July 29, 2023, 03:07:25 AM
Don’t know. My guess is it’s a quirk in the ordering system and not a reflection of what will and won’t be provided. Doc has always done right by me so I had no qualms about ordering.

I’m sure they’ll chime in once they wake up this morning.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 03:18:33 AM by oguinn »

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline oguinn

Reply #7 on: July 29, 2023, 03:28:59 AM
I just bought a pair. They will be my first proper speakers ever.
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I wanted to ask...

Would a S.E.X amp be powerful enough to make them sing?

Like vetmed said, it depends on your room and listening volume requirements but as a rough comparison these are sensitive to 85 db and the Overnight Sensations were 83 db. The SEX powered those just fine in an office I had them set up in with a good amount of headroom.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline lanson

• RIP Wallet...
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 07:04:07 AM
Brilliant, thanks oguinn!

Ahmad Al Halawani

Offline Deluk

Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 11:02:08 AM
Probably means that you will need bolts for the speaker fixing along with suitably sized Tee nuts for the inside of the front panel wood.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2023, 07:11:07 PM
The hardware is included. That stuff about hardware being removed from your order is probably because the hardware ships in a separate box from the cabinets, may have something to do with the fact that we are out of stock on Pipette kits at the moment and is mostly because the shopping cart software we use is obtuse. We will try to figure out why it's doing that next week.

My daughter makes her living running the shopping carts for Loreal, YSL and Purology. I am hoping to talk her into carving out some time to handle ours as well.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.