Another Stereomour II finished

Omegabuzz · 2272

Offline Omegabuzz

on: August 11, 2023, 09:42:58 AM
My Stereomour II with all the options available is finished. I upgraded the 0.1uf capacitor to Mundorf Supreme Silver Gold Oil and the 3.3uf capacitor to Mundorf Supreme Evo Oil. 

The only problem I had was with one of the wood section of the case that was damage. Thanks to Eileen, I received a new wood part. During the wait, I decided to make a case with some cherry wood that I already have.

I would like to mention that I think there’s an error at the page 16 of MourQuiet manual. For the resistor 34.8K, the installation of one side is Q8-L and after the directive is to solder Q5-L. Should be Q8-L. For the rest, everything was perfect.

The sound of the Stereomour with my Klipsch Cornwall is very good even if the kit has only 25+ hours of uptime.

I decided to have a vintage look with the color of the aluminium plate, the control buttons and the case of my Stereomour.

Thanks to Bottlehead team for the great communication and after sale service.

Yves

Offline sl-15

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 04:48:15 AM
Nicely done, good looking build. What paint? did you use on the main transformer bell and the top plate? Thanks.

Stefan Hampel
Soundsmith Carmen, modded Technics SL-1200mkII, Thorens TD 125 mk2 with SME V, Eros, Extended Foreplay III, BeePre2, Crack, Pioneer Spec 4, Sonus Faber Electa

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 05:35:31 AM
Looks great. Thanks for the kind words.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Omegabuzz

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 06:10:06 AM
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your comment.

For the paint, this is the same color for the top and the transformer bell, Krylon Colormaxx, Satin Italian Olive. For the small transformers, Krylon Colormaxx, Satin Black.

For the wood finish, I discovered and use for the first time this product. Easy to apply and the look is  really good. Aligna Easy-Solo rosewood monocoat oil.

Yves

Offline sl-15

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 12:17:19 PM
My favorite color, Rustoleum Hammertone Light Blue is discontinued. I was looking into getting a olive or sage green paint for my future builds. I found one from Rustoleum that looked promising but in the end I did not use it. Krylon is almost not available locally here or maybe I just have not found it. Thanks for the info I will check it out.

Stefan Hampel
Soundsmith Carmen, modded Technics SL-1200mkII, Thorens TD 125 mk2 with SME V, Eros, Extended Foreplay III, BeePre2, Crack, Pioneer Spec 4, Sonus Faber Electa