Installation of SEX Constant Current Sources in a Seduction

Paako77 · 3030

Offline Paako77

I see a post from a year ago that addresses this. In a reply PB said "two SEX 3.0 C4S upgrade kits can be fitted into a Seduction.  The R2 resistors need to each be 150K/0.5W and the R1 resistors should be changed to 237 ohm." I have a Seduction that I built years ago and want to try this. My question is, will the instructions that come with the SEX constant current kit be similar enough to connecting the boards in the Seduction that someone with a decent understanding of tube electronics will be able to figure it out? (Perhaps with a few questions along the way.)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 05:09:30 AM
The boards will hold the necessary parts and provide the necessary connections.  You will need to connect the board grounds to the Seduction ground, the "O" terminals each to a 6922 plate, and the "I" terminals all to B+.  If reading that explanation seems adequate on your end, I suspect you'll be OK.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paako77

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 07:12:29 AM
 I understand your explanation, thanks.

Offline Paako77

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 03:12:22 PM
I need a clarification. Do I remove the Seduction's existing 18K/220 voltage dividers and connect the outputs from the C4S directly to the plates?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 03:54:04 PM
There are 18K plate loading resistors, and the C4S boards take the place of those loading resistors.  There are 220 ohm plate/grid stoppers, and those need to stay.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paako77

Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 04:09:52 PM
Ok thanks.