Bottlehead Kits > Paramount

Blown mje350 and led [REPAIR VID AT END] [resolved]

(1/11) > >>

Rob Capizzi:
Hi, Rob here. Newbie kinda. I have some questions.  The mje350 transistor and LED on the 4c snapped into smoke tonight. Could old age be the reason? Is there a usual reason?  I really dont push the amps,  it's for late night listening. Any insight is appreciated.  It's labeled cc525 mje350 Mar. Will I be ok with any mje350? I have 2 extra leds. what is the led part number? Thanks a lot!

Happy Ghost:

--- Quote from: Rob Capizzi on November 06, 2023, 09:21:13 PM ---It's labeled cc525 mje350 Mar. Will I be ok with any mje350? I have 2 extra leds. what is the led part number? Thanks a lot!

--- End quote ---

you can reach out to Queen for another MJE350. I believe any of the variants should be OK - AFAIK. This is the part number for the LED:

https://bottlehead.com/product/hlmp-6000-leds-combo/

sl-15:
This is not going to help you problem , I just have a question. What is the tester you are using in the 3rd picture? Thanks.

Paul Birkeland:
The MJE350 would be expected to fail from a driver tube failure taking the collector to ground.  It's possible that if you replace it, the LEDs, and the 2N2907 that your amp will come back to life.  If it doesn't, then we will have to explore some options to get these up and running again.

Rob Capizzi:

--- Quote from: Paul Birkeland on November 07, 2023, 04:50:04 AM ---The MJE350 would be expected to fail from a driver tube failure taking the collector to ground.  It's possible that if you replace it, the LEDs, and the 2N2907 that your amp will come back to life.  If it doesn't, then we will have to explore some options to get these up and running again.

--- End quote ---

Ok thank you.  LEDs meaning all 4? 2? Or the one? Also did you mean the mje350 or 2n2907a or both?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version