Bottlehead Kits > BeePre

No sound on left channel xlr

(1/2) > >>

denteom:
I completed my Beepre 2 output upgrades last December 2022. Initially there were days when the xlr worked well sometimes left channel did not work at all.  So I just used the RCA line outs the whole 2023 and plan to check on it once I have time.  The RCA outs worked fine, it was really music to my ears.
Fast forward Dec 2023, I tried troubleshooting it and found one or two wires SRC4S not soldered enough (so reflowed lead to it while fixing it in place with pliers).  Traced the whole connection n the manual, visually using magnifying lens and gentle yanking on the wires just to check on the proper soldering. I did the multi-tester voltage checks on page 34 and everything checks out, DC voltages were all within specs.  Turned on the Beepre 2 using XLR and still I don't get a sound on the left channel.
Is there a multi-tester check which I can follow to isolate the XLR problem? Visually I could not find the problem.  Hope could fix the problem soon.  Dying to open my Magnepans lrs plus and see how it will sound.

Paul Birkeland:
You could take the 10uF caps off that go to the XLR jacks and post some pictures of what's under there.  It has to be a simple miswire or a lead of a resistor touching chassis metal that shouldn't be.  Still, a lot of the problems that would cause a channel to drop out should do the same on the RCA outputs.

denteom:
This is the photo of 10 uF removed

Paul Birkeland:
I'd be sure the wire going to pin 2 on the XLR jack is well soldered and connected on both ends.

denteom:
Finally had time to finish the project. the XLR out left and right are working fine.Thanks! My  Beepre is now prefectly fine!  Thanks Paul!  Is there another upgrade for the Beepre 2?  There are two rubber covers besiide line 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version